Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

story of LEDs

been too long.

ok.  no more little hater.

i don;t remember my last real blog post.  but i guess it doesnt matter in the end.  because here i am, sitting on my kitchen table typing.  and hopefully i return here again after this to blog more.  time will tell.

For the past year, I've been obsessed with lights.  well more so past half year.  LEDs in particular, and turning lights on my car to LED.  really silly reading this, but it's true.  At first I did it for my own enjoyment, converted Lola's tails to LED after seeing Asayan-san's zenki coupe with cool LED tails, I just had to have a set myself.  Initially, I was down to buy a set.  There are hatch AE86 LED taillights, however no coupe version.  Some in Japan, but I didn't know how to buy at the time.
Asayan's Taillights

So went ahead and found out how to do it myself.  After hours, days of trying to figure out how all this stuff works (started knowing nothing about electrical junk) from random write ups, videos, and scouring dozens of pages of threads to find tidbits of info on how to go forward with my project, I finally figured it out.
and produced my own set of Zenki LED taillights.
Mission Success!

So since then, I've made a few other LED conversion for friends.  which has been great.  But i did run into a lot of unseen issues.  and this has been a real big hit to my morale since i quit my job to pursue this as a legit business.  (see, www.SOLO8Parts.com ).  

Things have been smoothing out though.  taking care of a few orders and catching up on work for friends n stuff.  been cool.  

getting tired..  

here is my instagram feed if you would like to keep up with my photos




No comments:

Post a Comment